Back home this was one of my favorite things: warm toast with liver pâté (Leberwurst).
But usually this kind of German sausage isn't really healthy because they throw so much fatty meat and other stuff (basically everything except liver) into it and you never really know what's inside. Furthermore it's pretty hard to find here in china, that’s why I stopped eating it at all. But the last few days the "Leberwurst"-Monster was haunting me and I thought about another solution, which I saw a few times online before. Inspired by that idea I created this #vegan and #meatfree liver pâté. It looks and almost tastes like the real one except the undefined fatty pork parts.
Ingredients for 1 glass:
- 30g cashews (soaked for about 4 hours in 50ml water)
- pepper, salt, parsley and marjoram
- Half an onion and a lil bit of apple
- 100g smoked tofu
- Tip: For the ppl here in china, That's the tofu I use. You can find it in every chinese supermarket for about 5 kuai
- Blend everything in a food processor until you get a creamy texture
- Fill into a glass, done :)
1 portion of 10g Contains 23 calories, 0,8g carbs, 1,5g protein and 1,5g fat. Still not super duper clean but hey, If you don't eat the entire jar it's easy to include in your macros