Chicken, one of the simplest proteins but sometimes the biggest struggle to cook. Just 2 minutes too long in the pan and you get a thick chewy piece of desert. And well, not really suprising that nobody likes that.
But there is a simple trick to avoid this: marinate your chicken.
Sounds too easy to be true, right? But I never had anything else than a super moist and tender chicken breast when prepared like in the following recipe.
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 60 ml of soy sauce
- 30 ml of vinegar (every vinegar will do the job, but I think it tastes best with rice wine vinegar or balsamic)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Pepper, Salt, nutmeg (yep, nutmeg really makes a difference here)
- 1 bay leave
- Some honey
- Optional: Chilli
For the salad:
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Place all the „chicken ingredients“ (except honey) in a plastic zipper bag or air-tight container and mix well. Put in the fridge and dont touch it for about 24-48 hours :)
- Place everything in a casserole (including the soy, vinegar mix) and drizzle the chicken with some honey.
- Now ist time to bake for about 30 minutes on 180 degree.
- Tip: Use a spoon to sprinkle some of the soy, vinegar mix over the chicken from time to time.to make it more juicy
- In the meantime prepare your salad by spiralizing the carrot and cucumber and cooking the edameme in some water for about 4 minutes. Works also fine in the microwave
- If you need tipps on spiralizing check out this post
- For the yoghurt sauce, mix yoghurt, dill, some lemon and pepper and salt to taste
- Your chicken should be ready now. Check if it’s cooked well by cutting it. If it’s not done yet, place in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy :)