Summer means cherry time and cherries call for cake. Especially cheesecake! The creamy and rich texture of cheesecake is such a good pairing with sweet and sour cherries. But wait..
Summer desserts are usually considered as „light“ and fresh and cheesecake isn’t necessarily my interpretation of „light“ since it contains besides a ton of cream cheese also a ton of heavy whipped cream and a pack of sugar.
So giving up on this summer treat? No way!
Try this healthified cheesecake version and there is no need to feel guilty afterwards.
Ingredients for the crust (9″ spring form baking pan):
- 80g shredded coconut
- 7 medjool dates
- 70g rolled oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 10 g coconut oil
For the cheese filling:
- 400g silk tofu
- 150g natural, non flavor yoghurt
- 40g vanilla protein powder
- 4 egg whites
- Lemon zest
- Natural vanilla
- Stevia or sweetener of your choice to taste
- Optional: cheesecake flavdrops
For the cherry sauce:
- 150g cherries
- Mix all the ingredients for the crust in a high-power food processor. You should receive a really sticky mixture.
- Add the mixture to your baking pan and press down with your fingers or a spoon. You should cover the entire bottom equaly.
- Now prepare your “cheese-layer”. Add all the cheese filling ingredients (except egg whites) in a high-power blender. Blend until you get a creamy texture.
- In a separated bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Fold the stiff egg whites into your cheesecake filling
- Add to the baking pan
- Bake for about 30 minutes on 180 degree on the lowest rack
- Let cool down. Works best in the fridge over night.
- To prepare the cherry sauce, you first have to pit the cherries. Then simply blend them with a bit of sweetener.
- Add some more cherries and cherry-sauce before serving.
- Enjoy :)
By the way..do you know, what's the best part about writing recipes? I can eat everything afterwards haha