It’s not a secret that I have a personal love affair with sweet potatoes. This time I combined them with some healthy whole grain flour and created a crispy pizza crust with a healthy twist.
No more explanation needed, here comes the recipe which serves 2 portions
- 70g oat flour (blended oats)
- 500g peeled and pre-cooked sweet potato (I always use the microwave)
- 100g whole grain spelt flour
- 80g non flavor protein powder
- 20g Seitan
- 20g yeast
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Tomato sauce and your fav pizza toppings of choice
- Additional: Some more whole grain flour mixed with protein powder to flour the surface
1. Mix all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until you have a thick and sticky dough
2. Transfer mixture into a bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let sit for about 45minutes at a warm place.
3. Preheat the oven to 240 degree.
4. Lightly flour a surface with the protein powder/flour mix and use your hands to knead the dough. Knead in as much of flour mix as needed until the dough isn’t that sticky anymore
5. Divide into two equal pieces
6. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the dough evenly into pizza shape. Tipp: If it’s to difficult to spread it out, use another baking sheet, place dough in between and use a rolling pin
7. Drizzle some olive oil on top and pre-bake for around 20minutes. The crust should be pretty crispy already
8. Add tomato sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings
9.Place again in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
10. Enjoy :)