Dieser saftige Schokokuchen kommt ganz ohne schlechtes Gewissen und Weizenmehl aus, enthält aber die ein oder andere Zutat, die man jetzt nicht unbedingt in einem Schokokuchen erwarten würde.Read More
Dieses Rezept schmeckt nicht nur lecker und ist gesund, sondern lässt sich in Einweckgläsern bzw. luftdichten Dosen auch prima für 2-3 Tage im Voraus vorbereiten. So habt ihr Morgens keinen Stress, aber startet euren Tag gestärkt und mit reichlich Energie.Read More
Wer gerne mal etwas anderes als ein 0815-Kräuterbaguette zum Grillen mitbringen möchte, sollte unbedingt dieses leckere Dinkel-Faltenbrot mit Bärlauch-Füllung und Bärlauch-Creme ausprobieren.Read More
Es lässt sich nicht abstreiten, die Deutschen lieben Ihr Brot und deswegen wird in vielen Deutschen Haushalten das klassische “Abendbrot” serviert.
Ich habe diese klassische Stulle einmal neu interpretiert und heraus gekommen ist diese leckere Brot-Alternative:
Nudeln mit Pesto sind für mich absolutes comfort-food. Insbesondere an einem Freitag-Abend, an dem man vielleicht einfach mal Zuhause bleiben und mit dem Sofa verschmelzen möchte.
Doch Basilikum-Pesto kann jeder, wie wär es also mal mit etwas neuem?Read More
Keine Idee was du heute kochen sollst, oder aber einfach schlichtweg keine Lust lange in der der Küche zu stehen?
Das kennt jeder und kommt bei mir insbesondere Montags vor.
Aber auch wenns einfach mal schnell gehen muss, ist dieses Rezept genau das richtige.Read More
Du liebst Kekse und würdest sie am liebsten jeden Tag essen, aber einzig und allein dein schlechtes Gewissen hält dich davon ab?
Dann solltest du jetzt weiter lesen, denn mit diesem Rezept musst du kein schlechtes Gewissen mehr haben und kannst leckere Kekse, ganz ohne Reue schlemmenRead More
Ob Thailand oder Indien..eines haben diese beiden Länder zumindest kulinarisch gemeinsam: Curry. Zwar kann man ein Indisches- und ein Thai-Curry nichtmal ansatzweise vergleichen, aber lecker sind beide. Und da mich nichts mehr an Urlaub erinnert, als ein leckeres Curry, habe ich diese leckere Schüssel für euch kreiert, die euch zumindest von innen wärmt, wenn es draußen jetzt noch früher dunkel wird.Read More
30 degree upwards, humidity, sun and sweat – a typical mix of summer in Shanghai.
Especially during this season it’s super important to stay hydrated. Our bodies consist of about 75 percent water and during this heat, we have to take care that it stays like that. So we need to replenish all the water we lose every day through sweat et cetera. If we don’t replace it, out blood thickens which causes harder work for our hearts to pump blood through our bodies, which can raise the risk of a heart attack.
Furthermore staying hydrated controlls our appetite. That’s why it often happens that people who think they feel hungry are not actually hungry, they are thirsty caused by dehydration.
But well, „staying hydrated“ sounds easier than it actually it, because carrying around a 3l water bottle all the time, to have a sip here and there, isn’t really handy. And apart from that a bit taste would be great aswell.
So I created this Drink recipe which doesn’t only taste great and helps you staying hydrated but also provides additional health benefits to keep you cool during this summer heat (More about that later on). Not to mention that it’s super healthy, natural aaaaand low calorie. Sounds like a pretty great combination, right?
Pretty in Pink - Coconut Water, Aloe Vera and Guava Juice Drink
- 250ml cold Water
- 200g Aloe Vera
- 1 large coconut
- 1 pink Guava
- Ice cubes
This is actually the perfect combination of summer health benefits.
Because the coconut water isn’t only rich in nutrients, it furthermore contains more electrolytes than an average sport drink. And especially when you sweat a lot due to heat or physical activity, you tend to sweat out those electrolytes, that’s why sweat tastes a bit salty. So we can give some of those important electrolytes back in a natural way.
Aloe Vera has been used for medical purpose since centuries, so it’s not a big suprise that Aloe Vera is super nutritious aswell. Aloe Vera can even helo you to lower your blood sugar. Apart from that you can use leftovers as a cure against sunburn because applied to the skin it has an amazing and natural cooling affect.
Guava is a high energy fruit which is a real powerhouse of vitamins and minerals. Additional it contains a lot of dietary fiber. Therefore it’s considered as one oft he most healthiest fruits.
I teamed up with Field's, the online grocery shop in Shanghai, for this recipe. Because Guava and Aloe Vera are quite hard to get in Shanghai. Furthermore they have a so called "Coco Easy Coconut" which has an integrated opener, Cool huh :)?
For easy shopping, check out this page and you can order all ingredients with a few click.
1. First we need to prepare the Aloe Vera leaf by cutting off the lower edge. Now you will see the colorless jelly like gel inside. Squeeze out the entire gel from the leaf into a bowl. Voila, you made Aloe Vera gel.
2. Open the coconut and fill the coconut water into your aloe vera gel bowl.
3. Use a spoon to take out the coconut flesh
4. Cut the guava into cubes
5. Add all the ingredients to a high power blender and mix until combined without any pieces left
6. Enjoy :)
Salad for dinner..yaiiii. And what am I going to eat afterwards as a main?
If you are one of those people who think that a salad isn’t an entire meal and you will be hungry after 10 minutes again, you should give this one a try.
Cobb salad doesnt belong to those boring „garden salads“ with a single tomato and some onions on top (god, I hate those). This salad got so many great toppings, that the salad greens themself are actually just the base. Furthermore it’s packed with a lot of protein and healthy fats.
But hey, that doesn’t mean that it has to be a high caloric fat buster. We avoid the classic cheese and bacon part here by adding more yummy veggies to keep it skinny and healthy, Avocado fits perfectly aswell. If you want to, you can also add some low-fat bacon but for me it’s not really necsessary, Furthermore I gave the dressing a healthy twist by not using a mayonnaise based dressing. Yum!
- Mixed leafy greens and lettuce
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- ½ carrot
- 50g mushrooms
- 50g tomatos
- Some Cucumber
- Optional: lean bacon or any other healthy veggie or protein source you feel like
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- Chopped parsley and dill
- Pepper and salt to taste
1. Wash all your veggies carefully
2. Cut everything into small cubes
3. Place your greens and lettuce in a bowl
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients
5. Add all the toppings and drizzle with the dressing
I woke up with a hugeeee alfredo pasta craving yesterday. Why? Good question...It doesn’t make any sense at all. It’s 34 degree in Shanghai, super humid and I am luckily not pregnant. So why the hell do I crave a rich and fat loaded meal during this hot summer season? I really don’t know, I only know that I couldn’t think of anything else until lunch time. (Please tell me, that I haven’t lost my mind and I am not the only one out there with weird cravings haha :D?)
And then I remembered that I somewhen saw a recipe for creamy cauliflower sauce on pinch of yum, in which the main ingredient (besides milk) was cauliflower. Since then I was so tempted to try a cauliflower based sauce, because I use cauliflower for soooo many recipes, which usually don’t contain any cauliflower (Check one of them here), that I went straight to the kitchen at 12.30 and tried to come up with my own. And what should I say, it worked out perfectly and doesn’t taste like cauliflower at all and it turned out super creamy.
So you want a super clean and healthy alfredo sauce, which besides is pretty high in protein aswell? Then continue reading.
Ingredientsn for 2 servings:
• 100g brown pasta
• 1 Zucchini
• 100g cauliflower
• 200ml water
• 35g pea protein isolat
• 20g grated parmesan (or vegan cheese)
• Some onions
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• Some Olive Oil
• Pepper, salt, oregano to taste
• Optional: salmon, chopped in small pieces
1 Bring water to boil and cook the brown pasta according to the instructions.
2 In the meantime slightly fry the onions and garlic in hot olive oil in a pot
3 Tip: I used my thermomix to make this sauce, which makes it more easy because you can heat and blend at the same time. But if you don’t have one, you can also use a simple blender.
4 Add the cauliflower and water. Let cook for about 3 minutes
5 Now add the remaining ingredients (except salmon and zucchini)
6 Blend the sauce in a high-power blender until smooth. There shouldn’t be any pieces left
7 Place the sauce again in the pot and add the salmon. Cook for a few more minutes until the salmon is cooked perfectly
8 Now it’s time to spiralize your zucchini.*
9 Add the the zucchini for about 1 minute tot he brown pasta.
10 Your brown pasta and znoodles (zucchininoodles ;)) should be ready now.
Sprinkle with more oregano before serving and enjoy :)
If you are looking for more healthy cauliflower sauce recipes, I really recommend this ebook by pinch of yum. The eCookbook has 30 recipes that use a creamy cauliflower sauce in place of ingredients like canned condensed soup, or heavy cream. Each recipe also has the nutrition information for calories, fat, protein, fiber, and carbs listed right on the page
Chicken, one of the simplest proteins but sometimes the biggest struggle to cook. Just 2 minutes too long in the pan and you get a thick chewy piece of desert. And well, not really suprising that nobody likes that.
But there is a simple trick to avoid this: marinate your chicken.
Sounds too easy to be true, right? But I never had anything else than a super moist and tender chicken breast when prepared like in the following recipe.
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 60 ml of soy sauce
- 30 ml of vinegar (every vinegar will do the job, but I think it tastes best with rice wine vinegar or balsamic)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- Pepper, Salt, nutmeg (yep, nutmeg really makes a difference here)
- 1 bay leave
- Some honey
- Optional: Chilli
For the salad:
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Place all the „chicken ingredients“ (except honey) in a plastic zipper bag or air-tight container and mix well. Put in the fridge and dont touch it for about 24-48 hours :)
- Place everything in a casserole (including the soy, vinegar mix) and drizzle the chicken with some honey.
- Now ist time to bake for about 30 minutes on 180 degree.
- Tip: Use a spoon to sprinkle some of the soy, vinegar mix over the chicken from time to time.to make it more juicy
- In the meantime prepare your salad by spiralizing the carrot and cucumber and cooking the edameme in some water for about 4 minutes. Works also fine in the microwave
- If you need tipps on spiralizing check out this post
- For the yoghurt sauce, mix yoghurt, dill, some lemon and pepper and salt to taste
- Your chicken should be ready now. Check if it’s cooked well by cutting it. If it’s not done yet, place in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy :)
Quinoa is not exactly what people consider in first place as a typical breakfast ingredient.
But why not?
Quinoa is one of the healthiest superfoods out there, even if most people (including me) have no idea how to pronounce it when they stumple across KEEN-WAH for the first time.
Quinoa is actually a „seed“ which can be used as a grain and provides proven health benefits. I am not going to list all of them now, please use this tiny thing called google :D... But I will tell you my top 3 health benefits of quinoa:
1. Quinoa contains a high amount of protein (5g per 100g) and furthermore all essential amino acids. Therefore it'smore nutritous than most grains.
2. Quinoa is naturally gluten free because as mentioned, it’s actually a seed
3. Quinoa is pretty high in fiber and therefore keeps you longer full
But coming back on how to include quinoa in your daily breakfast:
By making a superfood overnight bowl.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 60g rolled oats
- 30g Chia-Seeds
- 30g Quinoa
- 40g whey protein powder
- about 300-350ml water or milk
- Optional: Toppings like fruit or nuts
- Wash the quinoa carefully to avoid bitterness
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the quinoa pot and let simmer for a few minutes. You should get a not too thick texture because the chia seeds will soak up the remaining water over night
- Put into a plastic container and let cool down in the fridge over night
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy
Summer time, the sun is shining and it's really nice and hot outside. This time of the year calls for a creamy ice cream sundae. But heavy cream, sugar and artificial flavors make regular ice cream everything else than healthy.
Try the following 3 minute recipe and enjoy a healthy treat in the sun
- 200g frozen fruit of your choice. EVERYTHING from banana to berries or watermelon works here.
- 50g low fat yoghurt. Works better frozen but does not have to (Can be omitted but makes it creamier)
- Additional toppings of your choice to create any flavor you like
- Protein powder
- Dried berries
- Place the frozen fruit and the frozen yoghurt in a high-power food processor
- Blend until creamy. That can take 1-2 minutes depending on your blender but take care that it doesn't get to liquid
- If you want to add additional toppings, just stir them in after blending
Want to know how to make a healthy ice crem cone? Check out my recipe for this mouth-watering cones here
Waffles with chocolate (dark chocolate obviously!), waffles with cinnamon, waffles with cherries..WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES :) Use the following recipe as a basic recipe and spice up with different flavors and toppings
- 180ml milk, soymilk or nutmilk
- 100g soy flour
- 90g Xucker/ Erytritol or sweetener of your choice
- 70g almond flour
- 50g gluten
- 30g psyllium husk powder
- 2 scoops vanilla whey (used vanilla)
- 3 eggwhites
- 1 yolk
- 5g baking powder
- lil bit of coconut oil, vanilla flavor and vanilla flavor (flav Drops work fine)
- Beat the eggwhite until stiff
- In a separated bowl, mix all the other ingredients
- Fold in the eggwhites
- Preheat your waffle Iron and spray with non sticking spray if necessary
- Bake until brown