Quinoa is not exactly what people consider in first place as a typical breakfast ingredient.
But why not?
Quinoa is one of the healthiest superfoods out there, even if most people (including me) have no idea how to pronounce it when they stumple across KEEN-WAH for the first time.
Quinoa is actually a „seed“ which can be used as a grain and provides proven health benefits. I am not going to list all of them now, please use this tiny thing called google :D... But I will tell you my top 3 health benefits of quinoa:
1. Quinoa contains a high amount of protein (5g per 100g) and furthermore all essential amino acids. Therefore it'smore nutritous than most grains.
2. Quinoa is naturally gluten free because as mentioned, it’s actually a seed
3. Quinoa is pretty high in fiber and therefore keeps you longer full
But coming back on how to include quinoa in your daily breakfast:
By making a superfood overnight bowl.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 60g rolled oats
- 30g Chia-Seeds
- 30g Quinoa
- 40g whey protein powder
- about 300-350ml water or milk
- Optional: Toppings like fruit or nuts
- Wash the quinoa carefully to avoid bitterness
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the quinoa pot and let simmer for a few minutes. You should get a not too thick texture because the chia seeds will soak up the remaining water over night
- Put into a plastic container and let cool down in the fridge over night
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy