Salad for dinner..yaiiii. And what am I going to eat afterwards as a main?
If you are one of those people who think that a salad isn’t an entire meal and you will be hungry after 10 minutes again, you should give this one a try.
Cobb salad doesnt belong to those boring „garden salads“ with a single tomato and some onions on top (god, I hate those). This salad got so many great toppings, that the salad greens themself are actually just the base. Furthermore it’s packed with a lot of protein and healthy fats.
But hey, that doesn’t mean that it has to be a high caloric fat buster. We avoid the classic cheese and bacon part here by adding more yummy veggies to keep it skinny and healthy, Avocado fits perfectly aswell. If you want to, you can also add some low-fat bacon but for me it’s not really necsessary, Furthermore I gave the dressing a healthy twist by not using a mayonnaise based dressing. Yum!
- Mixed leafy greens and lettuce
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- ½ carrot
- 50g mushrooms
- 50g tomatos
- Some Cucumber
- Optional: lean bacon or any other healthy veggie or protein source you feel like
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- Chopped parsley and dill
- Pepper and salt to taste
1. Wash all your veggies carefully
2. Cut everything into small cubes
3. Place your greens and lettuce in a bowl
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients
5. Add all the toppings and drizzle with the dressing