600g Wholegrain rye flour (other wholegrain flour will work fine aswell)
100g non flavor protein powder
About 300ml water (optional: 200ml coffee with 100ml water)
120g mixed seeds (sunflower, chia etc)
10g fresh or dry yeast
1 Tablespoon honey
- Mix the yeast with the honey and a bit warm water and let it rest for about 20 minutes
- Mix the flour, protein powder, salt and approx. 1/4 of your seeds, add the yeast-mix and add more and more liquid (water or coffee) while mixing the dough with your hands for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a baking pan and cover it with non-sticking spray
- Cover the bottom of your baking pan with the remaining seeds andsdd the dough to the baking pan
- Now the bread needs to rest for at least 1,5 hours so that the yeast can work. So cover your baking pan with a clean kitchen-towel and place it at a warm place. (I always put it in my bed and cover it with my blanket :), works perfect)
- Now your bread should have doubled it's size. If not, let it rest for a little bit longer
- Use a kitchen brush to wet the surface a little bit
- Bake for 10 minutes at 230 degree. Reduce to 190 degree and continue baking for about 40 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes I recommend to remove the baking pan.
- Tip: Place a small bowl with water on the bottom of your oven. It will keep the air moist and also your bread. For a even more crispy crust: wet the surface every 15 minutes while baking