If you are a pasta-lover (like me), it is really hard to hold on to a low carb or paleo diet because regular noodles made from wheat-flour are just not on the menu. But how am i supposed to eat a fruity tomato sauce, this yummy broccoli pesto or any other of this lovely, healthy pasta sauces out there?!
And nope, not eating them at all is NOT an option here!
The answer is easier than expected: Make your own veggie noodles.
Making noodles from scratch? Holy moly, I don't have time for that and I guess you have neither :) But this recipe doesn't start with flour, it's simply pure and non processed veggies.
And the best part about it? You can use almost every vegetable (or even fruit) you like and vary in flavors. But for me the easiest and simplest way, due to it's shape, is to use carrots and zucchini. I use this kind of spiralizer to cut them into fine stripes but any other spiralizer, peeler or even knife will do the same job. The use usa of a spiralizer just makes it easier and faster than cutting it by hand. You can find a detailed description here on inspiralized.
After spiralizing, you just need to cook or fry them for a bit according to the following options:
- If you made a fresh sauce, you can just directly add the noodles to your sauce and boil them for a few minutes
- If you want to use an already prepared pesto or left over sauce, the best way to head everything up is usung a pan.
- Heat up the pan
- Add your veggies and fry for 3-4 minutes. But take care, for example zucchinis don't need as long as carrots.
- Add the sauce and fry for one more minute
- Put your noodles into a bowl with about 150ml water. The water provides a steaming effect.
- Cook on high temperature for about 2,5 minutes.
- Add your sauce and cook for 1 more minute
Easy peasy and fast way to cook a healthy meal :)
Need some inspiration? No problem
For more information check out the inspiralized cookbook. It's really inspiring and creative.