Chocolate, Cake and Breakfast. Three words which are usually not mentioned together in one sentence. But why not? Simple answer, cake isn’t healthy, neither is chocolate and especially not cake for breakfast.
That changes with the following healthyfied chocolate mug cake option, which is high protein and definetly without crystal sugar.
Sounds unreal? Hey, It’s not with this recipe :)
Ingredients for one serving:
- 20g chocolate whey protein
- 20g oat flour (finely blended oats)
- 8g baking cocoa
- 1tsp baking powder
- 10g Xucker, Xylit or sweetener of your choice ( I use this one)
- 1 eggwhite
- Some water, milk or nut milk
- Optional: Fruit. Chocolate, nuts, raisins to garnish
- Carefully whisk all the ingredients together (except fruit or nuts you want to use to garnish and liquid like water or milk)
- Add as much liquid as needed until you have a smooth, brownie-batter like consistency
- Place in a mug and microwave for about 2-3 minutes (depends on your microwave. If you think it’s not “cooked” enough, use a toothpick to check. If you remove the toothpick from the batter and there is batter sticking to the toothpick, its not cooked yet and you should microwave it for about 30 seconds more.
- Add your optional toppings before serving