Japanese food has always been on the top of my favorite-food-list. Especially tuna sashimi and everything with avocado and salmon. But white rice in combination with mayonnaise and cream-cheese can turn this actualy healthy dish into a high caloric and super fatty trap (I know, I knooow, those California rolls..).
If you consider yourself as a sushi lover you should definetly try this amazing alternative to traditional white rice sushi. You won’t be disappointed, it really satisfies every sushi craving.
- Sashimi and additional topping of your choice
- Tip: Think of your favorite sushi-roll which kind of fish and additional ingredients are used?
- 1 cauliflower
- Erythritol or sweetener of your choice
- Pickled Ginger
- Soy Sauce
1. Prepare normal cauliflower rice according to this instruction here
2. Mix 5 tablespoons of rice-wine-vinegar with 1 tablespoon salt and 2 tablespoons of sweetener
3. Cook this mixture in the microwave until you can’t see any more salt or sugar crystals
4. Mix the cauliflower rice with the vinegar mixture and let cool down a bit
5. In the meantime prepare all your fish and sushi topping ingredients.
a. Tip: I always buy ready to eat sashimi to avoid butchering the fish. This makes it much more easy and definetly faster. But ofcourse you can also cut fish filets by yourself
6. Top the cauliflower rice with the fish and everything else you desire
7. Enjoy with soy sauce and ginger at the side
Tip: If you have too much cauliflower rice, put the seasoned „rice“ into an air-tight container and store in the freezer. Next time when you want to prepare a quick sushi treat, just put it in the microwave for a few minutes and you have fresh sushi „rice“ ready to serve.