Yesterday I already talked about the importance of staying hydrated during this hot Shanghai season. But drinking enough is only one part of the game because summer also calls for easy, light but still yummy dinner ideas. I mean there might be people out there who are craving a cheese fondue in summer, but I guess they are the exception.
So it’s all about freshness and not too heavy food here.
Furthermore spending 2 hours in the kitchen to prepare a healthy dinner, while your family and friends are out and about all those nice summer activities, doesn’t sound too appealing either, right?
So why not mixing things up a little and making this classic summer combination with a new twist? Yaiii, healthy and nutritous dinner in less than 15 minutes (I am in).
I teamed up with Field's, the online grocery shop in Shanghai, for this recipe. Because Guava and Aloe Vera are quite hard to get in Shanghai. Furthermore they have a so called "Coco Easy Coconut" which has an integrated opener, Cool huh :)?
For easy shopping, check out this page and you can order all ingredients with a few click.
Fig and Goat Cheese Salad with a Mustard-Fig dressing and smoked salmon
- Mixed Baby Greens
- Baby Red Oak Lettuce
- Yellow Cherry Tomatoes (Organic)
- Mixed Microgreens
- Smoked Salmon
- Goat's Cheese
- Fresh Dill
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Rigoni di Asiago Fig Jam
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pepper and Salt to taste
1. Wash the salad and tomatoes
2. Cut the figs in the middle
3. To prepare the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a seperated bowl. If it’s to thick, add a little bit water
4. Place the Greens and lettuce in the middle of a plate
5. Top with Figs, goat cheese, microgreens and salmon
6. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and sprinkle with chopped dill
7. Enjoy :)