Summer time, the sun is shining and it's really nice and hot outside. This time of the year calls for a creamy ice cream sundae. But heavy cream, sugar and artificial flavors make regular ice cream everything else than healthy.
Try the following 3 minute recipe and enjoy a healthy treat in the sun
- 200g frozen fruit of your choice. EVERYTHING from banana to berries or watermelon works here.
- 50g low fat yoghurt. Works better frozen but does not have to (Can be omitted but makes it creamier)
- Additional toppings of your choice to create any flavor you like
- Protein powder
- Dried berries
- Place the frozen fruit and the frozen yoghurt in a high-power food processor
- Blend until creamy. That can take 1-2 minutes depending on your blender but take care that it doesn't get to liquid
- If you want to add additional toppings, just stir them in after blending
Want to know how to make a healthy ice crem cone? Check out my recipe for this mouth-watering cones here