Time for Lasagna. These lasagna turned out amazing and do you know the best? (Please take a chair) it is #vegetarian #lowcarb #highprotein and if u substitute the cheese it's even #vegan
For the Bolognese-sauce:
- 200g firm tofu (I used chicken flavored)
- 200g Brown Portobello mushrooms
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 can tomato purree
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh basil, parsley and oregano
- some olive oil
For the tofu béchamel sauce:
- 350g (1,5 packages) silk tofu
- garlic, nutmeg, salt, Pepper
- for the lasagna plates:
- There are 3 different options
- Common used or brown pasta plates
- Store bought tofu plates
- Plates made from zucchini (3 zucchinis) to make it low carb and gluten free. This option requires a little bit more preparation
- Optional: cheese
- We start with preparing a normal Bolognese-sauce by cutting the carrot, onions and garlic into small cubes and fry them in some olive oil until slightly golden
- In the meantime we prepare the minced “beef”. Cut the mushrooms and the tofu into really small pieces. To have a even more minced texture, you can blend half of the tofu and mushroom mix.
- In this recipe, I used some chicken-flavored tofu but any other tofu will work fine aswell because at the end, the herbs and spices are the key to the typical Bolognese-flavor
- Add the mushrooms and tofu mix to the pan and continue frying
- Now it’s time to cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters
- Chop the herbs and add them with the cherry tomatoes to the pan
- After a few minutes add the canned tomatoes
- Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 1 hour. The longer you cook it, the better the sauce gets.
- If you have chosen the zucchini option for your “noodle”-plates, we need to prepare them while the sauce is cooking. Use a potato peeler to cut the zucchini into thin slices. Add salt and put them in a large bowl to draine. After approx. 10 minutes, dry the zucchinis and place them on a backing sheet. But be careful that they do not overlap, to avoid mashy plates. Now bake them for a few minutes on 200 degree until dry. Prepare all 3 zucchinis like that.
- Blend all the ingredients for the Tofu-Béchamel sauce with a hand blender. your result should somehow look like that
- Now layer all the components in a casserole (bolognaise, béchamel, plate, Bolognese, plate, bolognaise, béchamel, plate….) add some cheese if you want and bake for about 25-30 minutes on 180degree.